Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Other stuff: Food

It was suggested by my pal Ally that I share what other stuff has caught my interest lately, as my devotion to clothing blogging has waned.  So here's some other stuff!



I'm on a kick of watching movies about food and food production and diet lately.  I have watched, mostly on Netflix, the following:

Fathead
Save the Farm
Food, Inc
The Gerson Miracle
Burzynski
Dive!
Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
Forks over Knives
Food Matters
Food Fight
Ingredients

And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head!  Netflix rules.



They all contradict each other and it is interesting to watch how everyone creates their own idea of how the world of food should be.  This is a special interest for me because 1) I'm a lil chubby and 2) I have digestive issues due to gluten intolerance.  





Out of all of this, I bought a juicer, am buying more produce, and am building garden boxes for spring.  So hopefully - while I don't expect these changes to rock my world - I may may realize some moderate positive effects.  My entire family is obese and I really want to keep my weight under control as I move towards my forties!

How much do you worry about what you eat?  About where it came from?  About how it was grown?  Sometimes I think about it a lot, sometimes not at all.

1 comment:

  1. Food! Great choice. We all eat and there's a wide variety of foods to talk about.

    My favorite food-movie is "Big Night" with Stanley Tucci, Tony Shaloub and Minnie Driver.

    I pay attention to food for both pleasure and health reasons. I'm eager to read your posts on the subject.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!