Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Chorus weekend.

This weekend was a chorus retreat.  We went to Shipshewana to prepare for a competition we have in April.  Shipshewana is in northern Indiana town that is very touristy and Amish-y.




This is my chorus.  We sing barbershop-style four part harmony.


We sang for 2 1/2 days straight, complete with choreo.  And I'm not talking an AM session and a PM session.  I'm talking just enough breaks to pee and eat from dawn to after dusk.  EXHAUSTING!!

So exhausting I don't even remember catching a couple of winks in between drills.



The coach may look like a sweet little old lady but it's a front.  She's a slave driver!!!!  (Okay, she's sweet too, but still.)


Do you have any hobbies that are a ton of WORK?

2 comments:

  1. I garden but can stop for a break if I'm tired. I used to sew for other women- that was difficult. They never give you their correct measurements & then complain when it doesn't fit. (~really!?)
    When I did a set of five bridesmaid dresses I told the bride only if I measured them - lol- I wouldn't let them see the numbers but the dresses fit. That kind of sewing isn't fun just stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I'd hate to sew for others!! The gratitude and the work never quite even up, do they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!